The Undergraduate Research Program Advisory Council is needed to provide consistent faculty, student and staff input into the Undergraduate Research Program.
- Offer direction for the program.
- Establish policies and guidelines for grants and activities.
- Evaluate grant proposals from students
- Regular semester grants
- Summer grants
- NCUR grants
- BigSURS grants
- SNCURCS grants
- Research in the Capital grants
- Travel grants
- Approve recognition of students as University Research Scholars or as Departmental Research Scholars
- Seek ways of enhancing the program through increasing financial resources and addressing ways for the program to be recognized on and off campus.
- Assist in planning, reviewing and critiquing the ongoing activities
- Fall symposium
- Spring symposium
- UNC Asheville Undergraduate Research Journal.
- Director of Honors Program, ex officio
- Editor of the NCUR (National Conference on Undergraduate Research) Proceedings, ex officio
- Director of Undergraduate Research Program, ex officio
- Associate Director of Undergraduate Research Program, ex officio
- University Program Associate of Undergraduate Research Program, ex officio
- 3 faculty members (one from each major academic area, appointed by FWDC)
- 1 member of the library staff who holds a teaching position (appointed by FWDC)
- 4 students (appointed by Director of URPAC in consultation with the Director of the Honors Program.)
Faculty and library staff members will serve two-year, staggered, terms, renewable for two additional terms. Students will serve one-year terms, renewable for one year.
Recommendations to: Director of Undergraduate Research
Reports to: VCAA or his/her designee