The University Research Scholar (URS) designation is awarded to graduating seniors for outstanding performance in undergraduate research.
Monday, November 4, 2019, Applications Due for December 2019 graduates
Monday, March 23, 2020, Applications Due for May 2020 graduates
Candidates for the University Research Scholar designation
- must have made a presentation at a UNC Asheville Symposium
- must have published the results of his or her research
- may submit a paper to URPAC for review instead of publishing
- must have the endorsement of the faculty research advisor and
- must have the endorsement of the chair of the department.
If you have a nomination or you should be a nominee for the URS designation, please fill out the URS form by the deadlines listed above. URPAC will review the nominations and forward a list of eligible students to Graduation.
The URS application sections may be submitted by the student, research advisor or department chair.
Faculty Research Advisor's Endorsement
Must be submitted by the research advisor. The research advisor should send a nomination statement (maximum 300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org from their computer email account and copy the department chair (students graduating department).
Department Chair Endorsement
Send a brief verification that you support the student for this honor. Make sure that your endorsement comes from your email account to email@example.com.