141 Karpen Hall, CPO 2150
One University Heights
Asheville, NC 28804
- Program Associate
Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Program Advisory Council
The Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Program (URCAP) Advisory Council is needed to provide consistent faculty, student and staff input into the URCAP.
2023-2024 Academic Year URCAP Advisory Council Members:
Megan Powell (Director of URCAP), Crystal Yau (URCAP Program Associate), Jonathan Horton (Associate Director of URCAP), Graham Reynolds (University Honors Program Director), Jon Morris (Library Representative), Britt Lundgren (Science Representative), Eva Hericks-Bares (Humanities Representative), Giovanny Pleites-Hernandez (Social Science Representative), and Student Representatives: Olivia Goldstein (Mass Communication major), Benjamin Green (Music Technology major), Caitlin Hefner (Mathematics and Physics major), and Caity Mullen (Psychology major).
- Offer direction for the program.
- Establish policies and guidelines for grants and activities.
- Evaluate grant proposals from students and faculty.
- Seek ways of enhancing the program through increasing financial resources and addressing ways for the program to be recognized on and off-campus.
- Assist in planning, reviewing and critiquing the ongoing activities.
- Approve recognition of students as University Research Scholars.
- Director of University Honors Program, ex officio
- Editor of the NCUR (National Conference on Undergraduate Research) Proceedings, ex officio
- Director of Undergraduate Research Program, ex officio
- Associate Director of Undergraduate Research Program, ex officio
- Program Associate of Undergraduate Research Program, ex officio
- 3 faculty members (one from each major academic area (appointed by Faculty Welfare and Development Committee (FWDC))
- 1 member of the library staff who holds a teaching position (appointed by FWDC)
- 4 students (appointed by Director of URCAP in consultation with the Director of the University Honors Program)
Faculty and library staff members will serve two-year, staggered terms, renewable for two additional terms. Students will serve a one-year term, renewable for one additional year.
Recommendations to: Director of Undergraduate Research
Reports to: Dean of Special Programs